On September 21, 2016, the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County voted to shift school start and dismissal times for the 2017-2018 school year. South Shore’s doors will open at 8:20 A.M. for a start time of 8:35 A.M. School will be dismissed at 3:00 P.M.
- Doors open at 8:20 A.M. and classroom instruction begins at 8:35 A.M.
- Children being driven to school should arrive between 8:20 A.M. and 8:35 A.M. Students may not be left at school early and unattended.
- Students must be in their classrooms at 8:35 A.M. or they will be marked as tardy. Students who arrive after 8:35 A.M. should be brought into the school office by an adult to be signed in.
- Bus Riders are dismissed at 2:55 P.M.
- Car riders, after care, and walkers are dismissed at 3:00 P.M.
- If you need to pick your child up for early dismissal, please do so before 2:40 P.M. Come to the office and your child will be called from their classroom.